The typical solution for larger organizations when looking to either cut costs or improve the management of a certain vendor class is to run an RFP.
The thinking is typically along the lines of:
- We can consolidate multiple vendors; and
- We can leverage our spend, bidding down costs to the obtain the lowest cost provider.
In reality there are a number of issues with this approach:
- It takes time (realistically 4-6 months of time) to run a full RFP process,
- Lowest cost doesn’t necessarily mean the highest or even acceptable quality service levels,
- Generally you are required to sign a contract with the service provider and/or guaranteeing them a certain spend or % of total spend; and,
- Finally, and most critically, even if you are successful you are still only leveraging you own spend.
The Amplify RFP Process
Amplify has taken a fundamentally different approach to running RFPs:
- We only partner with a select group of service providers who we have worked with for a number of years,
- Our process typically is completed within 5-7 business days – as opposed to months, thereby delivering an immediate saving instead of waiting for months,
- We leverage total spend of all our users, not just your specific spend. This allows discounts and service levels at a fundamentally different level to what may be obtained on your own,
- And last, and most fundamentally, there is no fee, no minimum and no contract – meaning that the business needs to be earned each and every day going forward.
Areas we cover
- Shipping and transportation costs.
- Office supplies and related items.
- Printing, copying and related items.
- Credit card process/merchant services.